ACT AS IF YOU MAY BE CARRYING THE VIRUS.
WE ARE PROTECTING THE MOST VULNERABLE
Social distancing literally means keeping your distance from other people. That is 6 to 10 feet (2 to 3 meters) from other people that do not appear to have any symptoms. If they have symptoms, they should self isolate.
SELF ISOLATION / SELF QUARANTINE
If you suspect you have been exposed to the virus or someone with the the virus, you should self isolate.
Read this link for details: How to Self Quarantine / Self Isolate
The COVID-19 virus is spread through droplet/contact. In other words, the disease is spread from person to person when small droplets containing the microorganism are produced from coughing, sneezing or talking and travel through the air, entering a healthy person via their nose, eyes and/or mouth or ears. Additionally, the virus can be transmitted by touching a contaminated surface and then touching your face.
How do I help prevent the spread of COVID-19?
Follow everyday preventative practices now… stay healthy… do not panic.
- If you have children cancel any play dates and birthday parties.
- Practice social distancing maintaining distances of 6 to 10 feet from others.
- Avoid shaking hands, kissing or hugging when greeting others. If necessary, hit elbows instead. Common sense says: stay home as much as possible and avoid social gatherings. Shopping and necessary errands should be done during low traffic times. Do not bring others with you shopping unless you must.
- Wash your hands frequently using soap and water, rubbing thoroughly for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available then use alcohol-based hand sanitizer containing at least 65% alcohol. Repeat hand hygiene especially after coughing, sneezing, blowing your nose and/or being in a public place.
- TAKE THE HAND HYGIENE COURSE ON THIS SITE.
- Cancel all non-essential travel.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, mouth and ears.
- Practice respiratory etiquette coughing and sneezing into your upper arm/bent elbow.
- Stay home if you feel unwell.
- Stay healthy by staying hydrated, eating a well balanced diet, getting good sleep and exercising. Some meditation or relaxation techniques can also help in reducing stress and maintaining your health. A healthy body can put up a stronger fight.
EVERYONE IS IN THIS TOGETHER: HOW I BEHAVE AFFECTS YOU… HOW YOU BEHAVE AFFECTS ME.