If you are sick with COVID-19:
- Stay home and self-isolate. Limit your space used within the house.
- Wash your hands frequently especially after coughing, sneezing or blowing your nose.
- Cover your cough and sneeze. Use proper coughing and sneezing etiquette: cough and sneeze into your upper arm/elbow not into your hand.
- Stay away and avoid contact with others and pets. If possible, limit yourself to a dedicated room and washroom within your home.
- Wear a facemask if you are around other people or have to visit a doctor’s office or emergency room. Do not reuse facemasks.
- Avoid sharing personal items including but not limited to dishes, utensils, glasses and phones.
- Clean high-touch surfaces on a daily basis. These would include phones, bedside tables, tablets, doorknobs, countertops, bathroom fixtures, faucets, toilets. Use disinfectants appropriate for the surface.
- Prohibit visitors who do not have an essential need to be in the house.
- Avoid public areas including work, school and any other public area.
- Avoid public transportation including taxis and ride share services.
- If shared spaces are essential in the home ensure good air flow. Turn on your air conditioner or open a window.
Monitor your symptoms. If your symptoms get worse, call your healthcare provider immediately. In the event of an emergency and need 911… inform dispatch that you are positive for COVID-19.
Get rest and stay hydrated… A HEALTHY BODY CAN PUT UP A BETTER FIGHT.
STAY AT HOME UNTIL TOLD OTHERWISE.