- Take the time to talk with your kids. Fear in kids often arises when there are uncertainties and unknowns. Answer any questions honestly and share facts with them. keeping it simple.
- Keep children informed and up to date. Limit news coverage as kids can misinterpret what they hear and see.
- Teach kids proper hand hygiene and sneezing and coughing techniques.
- Encourage questions to ease any fears.
- Acknowledge a child’s fears and anxieties and try to assure them that you will do everything to keep them safe.
- Be a good role model, encouraging sleep, eating well, staying hydrated and exercising.
- Try to maintain a regular routine. Create a schedule for learning activities, relaxing and some fun time.
- Stay positive especially around young kids.
- Be fully Present with your kids, even if that “feels” like you could be spending time on something more productive.
- Take imagination journeys with your kids.
What can I do with my kids in a self-isolation or lockdown situation?
- Movie night
- Board games
- Make crafts (painting, drawing, daily journal, create a supply of birthday cards)
- Basic baking (cookies, cupcakes)
- Play an instrument
- Let them help with meal preparation
- Redecorate/rearrange their room
- Read some books together
YOUR HOME IS FULL OF TREASURES READY TO BE EXPLORED.